The Changing Dynamics of Cyber-Crime and Network Security
According to CyberTrust, about 12 computers encounter some form of malicious program (virus, spyware, botware or other malware) in any given week in an average organization. They have also found that there’s a 65 percent likelihood that a breach will involve someone on the inside.
These alarming statistics highlight the visible security problems, but they are not always the most damaging. It is often the case that your IT management is not monitoring and remediating what dangers are lurking inside your network. Typical viruses have been handled adequately with antivirus applications with regular updates. But these tools are NOT defending your entire network.
What information is stolen once a breach occurs?
- Customer Information
- Vendor Account Information
- Payment Card Information
- User Credentials
- Banking Information
- Medical Records
- Company Confidential Information, Trade Secrets, etc.
- Employee Information
- System Information
Once attacked, it is difficult for businesses to determine how much data was lost.
With the constant threat of malware, hackers, viruses and many other security threats, it has never been more important to take preventive measures to protect your business data.
To truly know if your information is safe, a business security assessment is critical!
TechEdge’s Network Security Assessment Focuses On:
- Protecting sensitive corporate and personal data
- Hardening systems to prevent Hacking, Worms and other Botware / Malware
- Data Backup and Data Recovery Planning
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Ensuring maximum uptime for Mission Critical Systems
- Protecting WiFi and Mobile / Remote Workers
- Ongoing Risk Assessments
- Perimeter Protection / Firewall / Intrusion Detection
- Security Policy Development
- Meeting regulatory & compliance obligations such as Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Information Portability & Accounting Act (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
Network Security Assessments Help You:
- Find out if your data has already been compromised
- Ensure your customer data is safe and shows them that you care about protecting their information
- Improve System Management
- Ensure Business Processes are Being Followed